Skip to main content

Mr Jigga man

I went to Wireless Festival!!!!
This was my first ever festival so I was so excited. I even goggled festival attire so I could look the part. I ended up wearing shorts (not the booty ones, I don't think the shorts would survive) an Aztec top, converse. Tried to find feathers but I think Fergie ate them so wore a flower instead. When I arrived at Aleta's, why was she wearing the same outfit?

I have never seen so many butt cheeks hanging out, not even on a beach. My goodness. Some girls were even wearing heels to a festival!

I had so much fun though. Got given free drinks from Malibu and extra nachos from the guy serving because of my winning smile. I think Saturday was the hottest day of the year, I dunno what we were thinking going from 11am.

Black people are crazy. No seriously, I was ashamed. They were pushing people out of the way, grown, fat men. When Jay Z came on, they started barging through as if being at the front Jay Z was going to spot them, guess they had rapping skills and sign them. We had an okay spot. I did say lets go to the main stage during Emeli Sandy's performance but they all wanted to listen to Calvin Harris. The walk from one stage to the next was intense. They spread them out way too far in the Olympic Park so by the time we got there, she had finished performing. When Jay Z was coming, these group of friends tried to push in front. One fat girl was literally putting her body weight on me. I had to tell her to move. Seriously, if they wanted a better spot, get there earlier. Some next tall white guy came and stood in front of me claiming he was looking for his friends. Yet when the next song came on, he was dancing away. Told him to move. Made friends with these guys so when any girls got up on someones shoulders, I made them tell them to get down. THEN some next girl came all resting on me. Trying to push through. By now me, Aleta and this guy switched on her. She said, 'I can't find my boyfriend, I'm by myself. I'm not trying to be a dickhead.' I thought clearly your man ain't looking for you and how did she really intend to find him? I told her she needs to sort out her approach, you putting your sweaty body on me ain't gonna make me move. THEN some next Asian guy came and was trying to lean on me. I lost at this point. Honestly, all day people have been so rude. I told him to move away from me and everyone around me, ganged up on him and refused to let him through. Brilliant! I punched another guy in the stomach because he tried to lean on me (it was a reflex) and informed a fat girl, just because she was fat, she can't use that to push people out the way.

The acts were really good. Kendrick Lamar - now a very big fan. Iggy Azelia -dunno if I spelt that right was booty popping on the floor. I have no words. She's a white Aussie girl with a New York Accent that kinda looks like Nicki Minaj. Confused.



Jay z was incredible! I wish I knew his new songs though. He did this section where he was rapping all the Beyoncé songs so I thought obviously Queen B is coming out. She didn't.
Then he did Run this Town so I thought Rihanna was coming out. She didn't. Then he did his new song with Justin Timberlake and he came out! He looked like he just woke up but he sang so good. Then Jay Z was like this is my last song, then he walked off but the band was still playing so I thought oh he'll come back out with Kanye. He didn't! All we heard was this tannoy say 'The last train is at blah blah.' Everyone started booing and chanting Jay Z and he didn't come back. He was meant to be there from 9.30pm-11pm but he left at 10.40. Err £65 ticket babe. The tannoy came back on and reminded people it was the last trains. So everyone reluctantly started leaving, they closed all the exits and Westfields closed up so it took us ages to leave.

I have no idea why it took us 2 hours to walk from Stratford to Leytonstone where our cars were. That's a mystery in itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the words of Carrie Bradshaw and just like that I was a YA author

It feels like the right time but this will be my last entry. I know! I've been writing in this blog for TEN YEARS but this year it just felt off. I couldn't pinpoint why that was but the other day I realised I started this blog because I was a dancer who was trying to understand the publishing world. I also was so scared of anyone reading my work hence why I started a blog. Ten years later I have fulfilled my goals! Back in May I had finished my first YA book, a love story based around a Black owned bookshop in Stoke Newington. How I wrote this book when I was heartbroken I have no idea. I vaguely remember sitting on the couch with headphones on playing O Holy Night on repeat at 3am writing. I made my deadline and I wasn't sure if the book was good. My first round of submission for another book had very conflicting feedback and honestly I didn't have it in me to experience that again. I just wanted a deal. Fast forward to September 21st and my book was sent on submissio

I have a new book out!

That's right book 4 is out! This is my first anthology and it's absolutely gorgeous. I was asked to be part of The Very Merry Murder Club maybe a few weeks after my dad and I remember just thinking why is this opportunity coming now?! And it's with Farshore and imprint of HarperCollins. There's no way I can do it. I literally couldn't write. My agent Gemma spoke to me and the editors knew what had happened to me so it was really up to me. I prayed on it and God said to me you're not going to feel this way in October so I said yes. I won't lie I was worried that I really couldn't write this book but thank God for his strength and amazing agent and now it's here!  I've been ill all week but I saw loads of pic on social and my copy hasn't come yet so I dragged myself to Waterstones Islington to take pics of the book on the shelves. The booksellers were looking at me like are you going to buy this book. HA!  The amazing thing is I have even more

My meal was £22 and it was so small I ate it in 3 mouthfuls.

Happy World Afro Day! I had no idea this was even a day so yes for us! How gorgeous is this? I can't remember what country it's in but I saw it some weeks ago on Twitter. Getting into the swing of writing these blogs is harder than I thought. I'm not sure why I'm finding it tricky to stay on top of it and I know I'll regret it especially when I read back over it at the end of the year.  I turned another year older and despite it being a year that is turning out to be unpredictable I'm thankful that I'm here to see another birthday. It's always hard planning what to do, something that I know won't cost an arm and a leg. In the end I spent it eating lol. Helen and I went to this amazing Creole restaurant, literally a hidden gem that had the most amazing food and drinks that were even too strong for Helen!  I have no idea why it rained on my birthday! In the middle of summer!! Honestly sometimes I can't deal with this country. Then I got changed for