Skip to main content

The Birthday Blog: I couldn't remember how to say stop in French so I said 'Stopa' and Zarah almost pissed herself


Have you noticed something different? Those who have followed my blog will see that we have had a make over! Don't we look pretty? Thought it was time to switch it up, especially now that I will be posting weekly. See I say this but let's see if I actually do it ;)

I am now 29 years old and do you know what? I don't even feel like my birthday even came. Even on my actual bday, it didn't feel like it. I went to Paris with Zarah for a week and honestly it was one of my best holidays. I had so much fun, we were legit depressed having to come back to London and it was 30 degrees out there. I've been to Paris a few times but this is the first time, I actually walked around (all day) and took my time exploring.
 - We saw the Eiffel Tower at night where it sparkled
 - Saw the Mona Lisa in the Louvre and she is legit the size of an A4 piece of paper, with glass and ropes surrounding her. We were very much like 'oh, that's Lisa?'
 - Went to Cafe Oz and Wanderlust, where we were chased by bees all afternoon and harassed by guys all night
 - Our first hotel, on the second night, we woke up at 3am cause it sounded like a train was coming through our room. Then we realised the metro was under us! We moved rooms swiftly
 - Had the BEST pasta, pizza, burger, crepe and Cuban food I have ever had in my life. And strawberry juice! Guys it's epic
 - Walked for two days straight and found out we had walked a quarter of Paris 
 - Almost got ran over crossing the road to see Arc De Triomphe 
 - Had McDonalds which they served on like brioche bread and this McDonalds looked like a 5 star hotel 
 - Played Street Fighter at some random bar at 1am
 - Went to Disneyland on my birthday and had the most fun. It was their 25th anniversary and they did this amazing night show, with these visuals on the castle and this awesome fireworks display. Then we missed our train home and was stranded at Nation with no data at 1am. That night, I took a shower and pressed the wrong button and the overhead shower came on and drenched my hair (we had no hair dryer) so was using a straightener. These times it's 4am
  -Legay: a bakery that bake penis shaped bread 
 - Watched the last series of Desperate Housewives in French every morning and in our second hotel, we were able to get the English version and was literally in awe of ourselves 
 - Stayed in the nicest hotel ever with a bed that felt like clouds
 - Got drunk on the last night, cause the club we were going to was closed and re-enacted Game of Thrones and other stuff went down but I honestly can't remember. All I do remember is saying I should put a towel around me so it would like Sansa's cloak and plaiting Zarah's hair to look like Daenerys
 - Crossed the road and this guy almost ran us down and I couldn't remember how to say stop in French so I said 'Stopa' and Zarah almost pissed herself 
 - Went on a cruise on the River Seine. Found love lock bridge and they had took off all the locks!
 - Holybelly. OMG!
 - The food everywhere was just on another level of life 
 - Had a guy ask me to come to his house and the crazy thing was he was so HOT! And I thought damn if I was easy lol





This birthday has been so cool. I've been given so many flowers and dinners and it's just been so nice. I even lost a bright bouquet of flowers in Brixton and had to go back for it and then these guys were following me and Zarah and were like I'll buy you flowers and I'm thinking you look a mess. You can't buy me nothing. Thankfully we found them behind some weird gate. Even earlier, some man asked me to push his baby. Only in Brixton man

Emily Knight I am...Awakened has officially gone to print!!! Now time to plan the book launch. The Birthday Giveaway is OPEN! Till the end of August. You can win a signed copy of I am...Awakened and battle cards. Just email info@a-bello.com your name, age and why you love Emily. Easy!



I didn't watch the leaked episode of Game of Thrones but I watched it today and is it just me but was it a bit predictable? Don't get me wrong, it was still AMAZING and Jon Snow gets hotter and hotter but I found myself being like oh yeah that will happen and then it did. I really need Sansa to die as well.

Life of Kylie. I'm not sure if we are meant to feel bad for her or just think she's spoilt. I don't really get it. 

When is too much to much? I'm sure you've heard of these vloggers who split up and have posted these videos to each other basically baiting each other out. I had never heard of these people until today - there names are Nakita and Terroll - but I watched the videos and I just thought this is ridiculous. Like I get wanting to share your life if that's your vibe but keep it classy. What legacy are you wanting to leave in the world? Cause that right there is not it. 

GB won Gold. Can you believe it???? Mitchell-Blake is kinda hot! I was like who is this guy? And then he ran the last leg and won and I knew there was something special lol. My heart did break for Bolt though. He shouldn't have gone down like that.

Something happened when I turned 29. I feel like I want to push more. Everything right now in my life is literally the foundations and I am so happy that I have put the ground work in for everything I want. Now it's time to step it up a level. I am going to be on the Forbes list. Remember I said it. 

Rihanna looked amazing at carnival!!!! I was like yessssssss girl! People had the cheek to call her fat? Are they okay??

I have wanted to see Harry Potter and The Cursed Child since last year but it sells out so quickly. I got part 1 and 2 for my birthday!!!!!!! I saw part 1 on Saturday and it was so good. So creative and funny and cool and it showed me that the doors are endless for authors and there are so many avenues I can tap into. I truly get the hype of the show - defo a must see. 

Finally! The Youth Take Over Show is almost here!! The amount of choreo I have had to make up is mad. It's this Sunday 4pm at Regents University London NW1. FREE! Check out @relentlessyouthldn for more info

Kim Kardashain told everyone to get over racism. Then said she didn't understand racism. What I don't understand is how a woman who is almost 40, that lives in America, who is married to a black man and has black kids doesn't understand racism. Seriously? 

I want a dragon. 

Follow me on Instagram @abiolabello and all things Emily Knight @emilyknightiam 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the words of Carrie Bradshaw and just like that I was a YA author

It feels like the right time but this will be my last entry. I know! I've been writing in this blog for TEN YEARS but this year it just felt off. I couldn't pinpoint why that was but the other day I realised I started this blog because I was a dancer who was trying to understand the publishing world. I also was so scared of anyone reading my work hence why I started a blog. Ten years later I have fulfilled my goals! Back in May I had finished my first YA book, a love story based around a Black owned bookshop in Stoke Newington. How I wrote this book when I was heartbroken I have no idea. I vaguely remember sitting on the couch with headphones on playing O Holy Night on repeat at 3am writing. I made my deadline and I wasn't sure if the book was good. My first round of submission for another book had very conflicting feedback and honestly I didn't have it in me to experience that again. I just wanted a deal. Fast forward to September 21st and my book was sent on submissio

I have a new book out!

That's right book 4 is out! This is my first anthology and it's absolutely gorgeous. I was asked to be part of The Very Merry Murder Club maybe a few weeks after my dad and I remember just thinking why is this opportunity coming now?! And it's with Farshore and imprint of HarperCollins. There's no way I can do it. I literally couldn't write. My agent Gemma spoke to me and the editors knew what had happened to me so it was really up to me. I prayed on it and God said to me you're not going to feel this way in October so I said yes. I won't lie I was worried that I really couldn't write this book but thank God for his strength and amazing agent and now it's here!  I've been ill all week but I saw loads of pic on social and my copy hasn't come yet so I dragged myself to Waterstones Islington to take pics of the book on the shelves. The booksellers were looking at me like are you going to buy this book. HA!  The amazing thing is I have even more

My meal was £22 and it was so small I ate it in 3 mouthfuls.

Happy World Afro Day! I had no idea this was even a day so yes for us! How gorgeous is this? I can't remember what country it's in but I saw it some weeks ago on Twitter. Getting into the swing of writing these blogs is harder than I thought. I'm not sure why I'm finding it tricky to stay on top of it and I know I'll regret it especially when I read back over it at the end of the year.  I turned another year older and despite it being a year that is turning out to be unpredictable I'm thankful that I'm here to see another birthday. It's always hard planning what to do, something that I know won't cost an arm and a leg. In the end I spent it eating lol. Helen and I went to this amazing Creole restaurant, literally a hidden gem that had the most amazing food and drinks that were even too strong for Helen!  I have no idea why it rained on my birthday! In the middle of summer!! Honestly sometimes I can't deal with this country. Then I got changed for