Well we made it to another year! Thank God! The amount of natural disasters, terror attacks, we really need to be thankful that we made it.
This has been an awesome year. I truly feel like 2017 set the foundations for my life. Existing things were brought up to another level and for 2018, it's just going to flourish. I have the best feeling about next year. I can't explain it but I know it's going to be one to remember (in a good way)
It's so funny because at the beginning of the year I said I wanted to be single and I have dated more guys this year than I ever have! A lot of frogs (no surprise) but I did meet a special American who has set the bar moving forward. I couldn't even go back to these waste boys even if I tried. So for 2018, ladies don't drop your crown especially for no frog.
Here's my highlights of this year
- My favourite authors following or commenting on my posts on social media. Jodi Picoult, CL Taylor, Jennifer Niven, Malorie Blackman. Oh and The Hate U Give followed me on Twitter which made me so happy!
- Second edition of Emily Knight I am
- Release of my second book (finally!!) Emily Knight I am...Awakened to strong reviews!
- Book launch at Waterstones
- Books selling out on pre-orders
- Production deal with Treehouse Digital and hearing the great feedback from top broadcasters
- The London Book Fair. Defo my best time there/
- Hashtag Press and releasing FIVE books in our first year that all smashed it!
- The Author School Days and booking the best speakers
- Common Wealth Games HQ
- Visiting Buckingham Palace and meeting Prince Philip
- The Stoke Newington Lit Fest and speaking to 200 kids
- Launching my incredible battle cards and them being part of Spear Craft Book Box
- The little BIG Book Comp being so successful and now we have our first book The Originals out on March 1st 2018
- Usborne, Piccadilly Press, Hot Key Books, Walker Books, Bloomsbury for sponsoring my book comp
- Watching Big Little Lies, Power. Game of Thrones and Stranger Things!
- All of the amazing press I've done
- Quotes for book
- My blog makeover :)
- Best UK Music I have heard in a long time. On a side note, I genuinely think the young Nigerians and Ghanaians are killing the arts right now
- My birthday week in Paris with Zarah. Everyday was a highlight
- I have never received so many flowers in my life
- Celebrating the end of my manager position with TMF at The Strand
- Seeing Harry Potter and The Cursed Child Part 1&2
- Witnessing my parents reach 35 years of marriage
- J Cole concert
- 90's Hip Hop brunch, where we beat the guys in the Hip Hop quiz and they were pissed
- All the gorgeous pics from Instagram bookstagram accounts that posted my book and battle cards
- Dream Girls the musical with Anneliese
- Literary agents showing interest in my third book
- Reading the Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Finally a great book for Black Lives Matter
I lost a dear friend Michelle this year and I know she would have been so proud. She was always rooting for me. Grenfell tower, I'm sure like everyone, truly broke my heart. I know the issues are still not resolved and my prayer is those that lived are able to be healed from such a terrible experience.
THANK YOU! To everyone who reads my blogs, shares, comments, follows me on social media. Has read my books and taken the time to post a review or has just said a kind word to me. Thank you!
It feels so flipping good to look at my goals list for 2017, with the most ambitious dreams I could think off and your girl was able to tick some off!!!!!!! God is so good! I'm excited for 2018 and determined to see Emily Knight on screens and a book deal for my third book.
Happy New Year all! I'm ready to dance the night away X