Skip to main content

the bengal in the zebra weekender part 2

So it was that time again to take Fergie to the vets as there was a deal for £10 micro chipping for the month of June. Fergie gets in too many places so I thought yeah this is a great idea and booked the appointment. Now we all know how crazy it was last time with him biting the vet and just being an embarrassment so I didn't have high expectations for this one.
His appointment was booked on Tuesday. I got home really late on Monday night so getting up early to take Fergs before work wasn't appealing. I kept him indoors and he spent THREE hours crying in my ear because I wouldn't let him out and then as I put him in the bag and zipped it, I saw his little nose push the zip down and he escaped! I tried again, he did the same thing then he ran downstairs. There are four floors in my house so running down them, half asleep, desperate and irritable is not funny. I grabbed him, took him upstairs and shockingly he sat patiently in the bag. I threw his fav green teddy in - the one he stole from Naomi - for good measure. I got to zip the bag halfway and he ran out again.
This was the first time I had wrestled with a cat. Honestly, he thought it was a silly game and props to him, he was winning. So I cancelled the appointment and the lovely vet told me to try again on Thursday. I spent Tues to Thurs spraying Feliway (a cat hormone) in the bag and putting toys and food in there so he could start thinking that this bag was pretty cool. Come Thurs, he still didn't think it was nice and would not stay in.
I really just wanted too forget it but I thought its only a tenner, I can't. So I rang the vet and told them again he's not getting in. She laughed and very sweetly offered to borrow me a carrier, so I ran to the vet, grabbed the heavy thing, ran back home, put Fergie in it easily where he unsuccessfully tried to dig himself out of the cage and then I realised this carrier is too heavy for me. So then I had to get a cab to the vets, where Fergie howled in the car and would not shut up. He got the injection which took about 5 minutes and then got a cab home. I literally sweated out my work uniform and I realise now that I need a new plan to get him to the vets because his annual injection is in August and I'm already dreading it.

Dance has been very interesting lately. I've been asked to be a part of a new dance TV series starring Ashley Banjo from Diversity for Sky 1 and I was specifically asked, which is very cool. I also got asked to do some dance projects for Disney and BBC One. I don't know where there finding me but I'm glad they are!
 I did one show called Dance 2 Xpress and Chris and Wes, who won Got to Dance was there. They were nice but every time I walked past them they kept saying 'I love Myself.' I was like OK, I get it I'm in Myself!!! I also did a dance job with MYSELF in Reading where Twist and Pulse who won Britain's Got Talent were hosting it. It was in this private boarding school and they were doing their own version of Got to Dance called Have to Dance and they had all these lights and that man's voice that announces the judges on X factor. It was hilarious. After the show me, Tanya and Rosa had Chinese and experienced the worst customer service ever! When we finally got back into London, me and Rosa jumped out of Tan's car when we saw a tube station, ran and realised we had missed the tube so we were stuck in South Wimbledon of all places! Thank God for night buses. Didn't get in till 2 something, can you see now why dealing with Fergie the next day was not fun?

I've started to notice dancers who I know who have been on TV, some of them are getting beyond themselves and developing a bit of an attitude, and they didn't even win! I really pray that when MYSELF get TV time we don't get stupid like that.

I've almost finished my 2nd story and I'm so happy. I can't wait to send it out. If you want to read about the dance world, this is the must read book!

Just need to add - wasn't Beyonce amazing at Glastonbury? Some stamina! My friend who went there said when she saw her perform she thought of me. If that is not a compliment I don't know what is!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the words of Carrie Bradshaw and just like that I was a YA author

It feels like the right time but this will be my last entry. I know! I've been writing in this blog for TEN YEARS but this year it just felt off. I couldn't pinpoint why that was but the other day I realised I started this blog because I was a dancer who was trying to understand the publishing world. I also was so scared of anyone reading my work hence why I started a blog. Ten years later I have fulfilled my goals! Back in May I had finished my first YA book, a love story based around a Black owned bookshop in Stoke Newington. How I wrote this book when I was heartbroken I have no idea. I vaguely remember sitting on the couch with headphones on playing O Holy Night on repeat at 3am writing. I made my deadline and I wasn't sure if the book was good. My first round of submission for another book had very conflicting feedback and honestly I didn't have it in me to experience that again. I just wanted a deal. Fast forward to September 21st and my book was sent on submissio

I have a new book out!

That's right book 4 is out! This is my first anthology and it's absolutely gorgeous. I was asked to be part of The Very Merry Murder Club maybe a few weeks after my dad and I remember just thinking why is this opportunity coming now?! And it's with Farshore and imprint of HarperCollins. There's no way I can do it. I literally couldn't write. My agent Gemma spoke to me and the editors knew what had happened to me so it was really up to me. I prayed on it and God said to me you're not going to feel this way in October so I said yes. I won't lie I was worried that I really couldn't write this book but thank God for his strength and amazing agent and now it's here!  I've been ill all week but I saw loads of pic on social and my copy hasn't come yet so I dragged myself to Waterstones Islington to take pics of the book on the shelves. The booksellers were looking at me like are you going to buy this book. HA!  The amazing thing is I have even more

My meal was £22 and it was so small I ate it in 3 mouthfuls.

Happy World Afro Day! I had no idea this was even a day so yes for us! How gorgeous is this? I can't remember what country it's in but I saw it some weeks ago on Twitter. Getting into the swing of writing these blogs is harder than I thought. I'm not sure why I'm finding it tricky to stay on top of it and I know I'll regret it especially when I read back over it at the end of the year.  I turned another year older and despite it being a year that is turning out to be unpredictable I'm thankful that I'm here to see another birthday. It's always hard planning what to do, something that I know won't cost an arm and a leg. In the end I spent it eating lol. Helen and I went to this amazing Creole restaurant, literally a hidden gem that had the most amazing food and drinks that were even too strong for Helen!  I have no idea why it rained on my birthday! In the middle of summer!! Honestly sometimes I can't deal with this country. Then I got changed for