Skip to main content

'... u wrote a mutha f***ing book!'

Yes, I am officially a published author with a book that you can buy. To think only in November, I was walking the streets of Manhattan with Chelsea talking about just going for the book even if I had to do it myself and here we are. How insane is that? It doesn't even feel real yet, I think when the launch is over it will sink in much better. I don't know how else to express how I feel so I'll just do this - :D :D :D You can pre-order the book from Barnes and Nobles, Amazon, Foyles, Waterstones, WHSmith etc. It should be officially out by August. If you live in the UK and have liked facebook.com/emilyknightiam or follow @emilyknightiam then ur invited to my launch! Check ur events or Direct Messages. Ahh can't wait, there's going to be a DJ and cupcakes...all that red velvet. (I'm grinning like a mad loon).
I've also been asked to write a blog entry about my launch party for London Writer's Club! Oh yeah!

After my stint on The Apprentice - still shocked that so many people watch that show, I was asked to go on BBC 1XTRA Radio for my book. It was called Right Track about talent in Hackney for lead up to the Olympics. There was meant to be a major author and I was the new one but dunno what happened because it was just me for the authors! And it wasn't at those stupid times like 2.39am it was at 9pm and was very very cool.

Very sad I couldn't get a ticket for Hackney Weekender. Stayed out of Hackney so I wouldn't hear the fun from my house. Watched the Dark Knight at Chelsea's to prepare for the Dark Knight Rises. I keep saying, 'Why so serious?' all the time now. Watched Hackney Weekender on +1. Jay Z was amazing and I usually don't like him. Rihanna... I did like her t-shirt. Wish I had HD Sky, then I could of felt like I was there.

My crew MYSELF got asked to film for Street Dance 3. We had to be there at 7am, me and Melissa had 3 hours sleep. Sadly, it was not because we were partying, it was because we had to go to her house after rehearsal to get her stuff, then she had to run back to the house twice cause she forgot stuff. We had to get up at 5 to leave at 6 but we got in a taxi. We were early to set so we had out 2 plates of breakfast (obviously) before we were driven to hair and make-up. I met the best make-up artist Cate Hall- we had a journey through the 90's music. It really should of been filmed, it was hilarious! There was Cate, this petite white lady telling us about her upcoming, dirty thirty birthday and then rapping to Q-tip, then Aleta doing the running man to Salt and Pepper. I was stuck in rollers all day and our scene got delayed as they were waiting on extras, so basically we stayed in hair and make up for 10 million years, having a good time, then got lunch (all the school kids got pushed in front of us and ate all the burgers so we were stuck with this bizarre curry - I gobbled it down - no one knew when the next meal would come along). We finally got to film but the girly piece we had got cut because it was too static so we just done the groove part and freestyled with one of the leads. The director was insane and loved us so we should def be featured. I hope we can come to the red carpet, all those Monsoon evening dresses from my old uniform can be put to use!

I dance with a girl called Rosie and I can't lie she is lovingly insane. She says the most random stuff like “Hey it was your birthday last year.” In rehearsal, there was a routine that was killing me and I was getting very annoyed. All I can hear is Rosie in my ear saying, "Don't stress about this routine, listen u wrote a mutha f***ing book!" Hahahahahaha, I couldn't stop laughing for ages and it worked, I did get the routine! At the end I thanked her and she said, "Writing a book is a big deal, I mean when I get stressed, I say Rosie you climbed a mountain and slid down it!"
She also told me she would be late to my launch because she had school. I asked, “Why do you have school on a Saturday?” And she said, “Oh it's on Saturday? I thought it was Wednesday. I'll be at the theatre!” I had to remind Rosie that my launch was in August and not this Saturday, as I knew she thought it was.

I went shopping. I went online and brought loads of stuff. It made me feel so happy but now I have N.I to pay by end of the month. Oh dear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the words of Carrie Bradshaw and just like that I was a YA author

It feels like the right time but this will be my last entry. I know! I've been writing in this blog for TEN YEARS but this year it just felt off. I couldn't pinpoint why that was but the other day I realised I started this blog because I was a dancer who was trying to understand the publishing world. I also was so scared of anyone reading my work hence why I started a blog. Ten years later I have fulfilled my goals! Back in May I had finished my first YA book, a love story based around a Black owned bookshop in Stoke Newington. How I wrote this book when I was heartbroken I have no idea. I vaguely remember sitting on the couch with headphones on playing O Holy Night on repeat at 3am writing. I made my deadline and I wasn't sure if the book was good. My first round of submission for another book had very conflicting feedback and honestly I didn't have it in me to experience that again. I just wanted a deal. Fast forward to September 21st and my book was sent on submissio

I have a new book out!

That's right book 4 is out! This is my first anthology and it's absolutely gorgeous. I was asked to be part of The Very Merry Murder Club maybe a few weeks after my dad and I remember just thinking why is this opportunity coming now?! And it's with Farshore and imprint of HarperCollins. There's no way I can do it. I literally couldn't write. My agent Gemma spoke to me and the editors knew what had happened to me so it was really up to me. I prayed on it and God said to me you're not going to feel this way in October so I said yes. I won't lie I was worried that I really couldn't write this book but thank God for his strength and amazing agent and now it's here!  I've been ill all week but I saw loads of pic on social and my copy hasn't come yet so I dragged myself to Waterstones Islington to take pics of the book on the shelves. The booksellers were looking at me like are you going to buy this book. HA!  The amazing thing is I have even more

My meal was £22 and it was so small I ate it in 3 mouthfuls.

Happy World Afro Day! I had no idea this was even a day so yes for us! How gorgeous is this? I can't remember what country it's in but I saw it some weeks ago on Twitter. Getting into the swing of writing these blogs is harder than I thought. I'm not sure why I'm finding it tricky to stay on top of it and I know I'll regret it especially when I read back over it at the end of the year.  I turned another year older and despite it being a year that is turning out to be unpredictable I'm thankful that I'm here to see another birthday. It's always hard planning what to do, something that I know won't cost an arm and a leg. In the end I spent it eating lol. Helen and I went to this amazing Creole restaurant, literally a hidden gem that had the most amazing food and drinks that were even too strong for Helen!  I have no idea why it rained on my birthday! In the middle of summer!! Honestly sometimes I can't deal with this country. Then I got changed for