Skip to main content

Olympics, Bengal and other rants


The Olympics is over and I can honestly say that I had no faith that London could pull it off. I'm being serious, I thought it would be an epic fail and the weather would be wet and the transport would be a mess. All the posters about 'Can you work from home?' really annoyed me. Come on, if I could work from home wouldn't I be working from home? BUT Team GB did us proud. Still can't believe this was hosted in Stratford!! At least it doesn't look as mash up. I really liked that Jessica Ennis's face was on the grass so it was the first thing people saw when they landed 'Welcome to our turf #HomeAdvantage.' I liked the subliminal threat.
The opening ceremony was the best History lesson EVER. Saw a few of my friends dancing which was great to see and it made everyone appreciate how multi-cultural London is. Screw you BNP! Then when the flags came out, I had to stop and pause. Excuse me Puerto Rico had some hotties! I was definitely flying that flag. Finally got to see the legend that is Bolt and Nigeria skanking out with their shades on. But honestly this is the first Olympic Games, I really got into. The gymnastics was draw dropping - Gabby Douglas just killed everyone and the Jamaican relay...I have no words. I have learnt alot about myself since these Olympics.
I am officially a part of Team Bolt. That is an athlete with charisma. There was more times than once I thought about going to Stratford and trying to hunt out where he would be. But I do have my dignity so that's info I'll only share with you guys but there's something very attractive about the fastest man in the world who doesn't take himself too seriously. Kind of makes you look at other less talented people and think really? Was extremely funny when Bolt and Blake did their poses and the other Jamaicans just stood there - and they're the ones that looked silly.
I have a crush on Tom Daley. Have you seen him in those pants? Woiiiii, swimming never seemed so interesting and that stomach has set the bar for any potential boyfriend. Sorry guys.  Even Mo's pretty hot, although a guy with skinnier legs than mine ain't a good look.
This whole experience made me feel even more privileged to have done the BBC 1XTRA radio interview as part of the talent in the Olympic borough. I wish my Mum had pushed me to take athletics more seriously. I was a very fast sprinter but oh no she starts talking again about tennis - it's funny how she still thinks getting me one racket and not getting me a coach is still OK.
The closing ceremony was a bit crap - I just kept thinking is this the best British music. Really??? Couldn't help thinking if this was in New York it would be a Hip-Hop extravaganza. I'm sure some of the athletes who were stuck close to the stage agreed with me.
When I saw the black cabs I knew it was the Spice Girls but I couldn't help feeling a bit uncomfortable for them. Forty odd singing 'Spice up your life.' I could see why Posh looked so Posh about it all but the effect they had on people is unquestionable. I even saw Boris doing a shimmy, which hurt my eyes. But overall well done London Town, we did a fab job and now to prepare for Paralympics (got a ticket to power lifting, oh yeah!) Oh and start saving for Rio! THAT'S going to be craaaaazzzzzyyyy!!

This summer has been so chilled. Celebrated my 24th with a dinner and bar, extremely low key for me but I mashed up my knee so couldn't go Thorpe Park - which was poo but I watched Ted. If you haven't seen it, see it, it's as stupid as it looks but I didn't stop laughing.

My book give away is going very well. It's been RT to about 70,000 people! If all them people brought my book, life would be amazing. But hey if you know the answer to this question What is Emily Knight? a) A Vampire b) A Witch c) A Warrior email info@a-bello.com before September 4th to win a free signed copy. I'm just that nice. But big thanks to all the sexy beasts that re tweeted. When you see this image - buy the book!!!





Boys hit a new low for me this week. I was walking to my house wearing a summer dress that was not that short and this guy jingled his keys in my face!!!!!! The Hulk in me wanted to stomp on him but he looked like the type that would like it.

What is it with girls and wearing hot pants with half your arse out? It baffles me that they find that attractive and then they have they cheek to get an attitude when a guy moves to them. Dressed like that I'm shocked they're not throwing money at them.

Fergie had another epic fight. He was bleeding on one side of his body and every time I kept trying to clean him up he growled and hissed at me. I think he forgot that he was the one that was fighting. In the morning, he was lying under a chair and a few hours later he was gone but no one had let him outside. My mum kept asking, "Is he dead?" Do you see what helpful behaviour I am surrounded by? Anyway, she must of moved a bag and he was just staring at her which made her jump and me laugh. Cost £70 for the vet. Great

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the words of Carrie Bradshaw and just like that I was a YA author

It feels like the right time but this will be my last entry. I know! I've been writing in this blog for TEN YEARS but this year it just felt off. I couldn't pinpoint why that was but the other day I realised I started this blog because I was a dancer who was trying to understand the publishing world. I also was so scared of anyone reading my work hence why I started a blog. Ten years later I have fulfilled my goals! Back in May I had finished my first YA book, a love story based around a Black owned bookshop in Stoke Newington. How I wrote this book when I was heartbroken I have no idea. I vaguely remember sitting on the couch with headphones on playing O Holy Night on repeat at 3am writing. I made my deadline and I wasn't sure if the book was good. My first round of submission for another book had very conflicting feedback and honestly I didn't have it in me to experience that again. I just wanted a deal. Fast forward to September 21st and my book was sent on submissio

I have a new book out!

That's right book 4 is out! This is my first anthology and it's absolutely gorgeous. I was asked to be part of The Very Merry Murder Club maybe a few weeks after my dad and I remember just thinking why is this opportunity coming now?! And it's with Farshore and imprint of HarperCollins. There's no way I can do it. I literally couldn't write. My agent Gemma spoke to me and the editors knew what had happened to me so it was really up to me. I prayed on it and God said to me you're not going to feel this way in October so I said yes. I won't lie I was worried that I really couldn't write this book but thank God for his strength and amazing agent and now it's here!  I've been ill all week but I saw loads of pic on social and my copy hasn't come yet so I dragged myself to Waterstones Islington to take pics of the book on the shelves. The booksellers were looking at me like are you going to buy this book. HA!  The amazing thing is I have even more

My meal was £22 and it was so small I ate it in 3 mouthfuls.

Happy World Afro Day! I had no idea this was even a day so yes for us! How gorgeous is this? I can't remember what country it's in but I saw it some weeks ago on Twitter. Getting into the swing of writing these blogs is harder than I thought. I'm not sure why I'm finding it tricky to stay on top of it and I know I'll regret it especially when I read back over it at the end of the year.  I turned another year older and despite it being a year that is turning out to be unpredictable I'm thankful that I'm here to see another birthday. It's always hard planning what to do, something that I know won't cost an arm and a leg. In the end I spent it eating lol. Helen and I went to this amazing Creole restaurant, literally a hidden gem that had the most amazing food and drinks that were even too strong for Helen!  I have no idea why it rained on my birthday! In the middle of summer!! Honestly sometimes I can't deal with this country. Then I got changed for