Skip to main content

Isn't the power of influence crazy?

Summer is finally here!! Literally, it's only just come now lool and it is amazing. I think there was a Tuesday that was 31 degrees. The worst thing is teaching dance in the weather, cause I legit have nothing to wear. I also had a taster session on Tuesday for this new teaching job and this kid comes up to me and says, “Are you the dance teacher?” I said, “Yes,” and then he goes, “Well I bet I'm a better football player and dancer than you.” You know when it's just too hot and no-one has time for silly people? So I just stared at him for ages until he got so uncomfortable. In my head I was thinking, is he okay? He kind of backed away from me, I'm not sure why and I called him over. He grabbed the nearest boy to come over to me with him – like I was going to swing for him or something looool and then I told him what a rude little fool he was. I think because I said it in one tone, it freaked him out. Then he ran away. I told one of the teachers who said, “Good! I can't stand that idiot.” Ha!

I've had concert fever. If you read my blogs, you will understand. I saw Brandy in Birmingham. A road trip I did with Zarah and it was fab. We stayed at Tara's house and this guy we met had a spare ticket so Tara got in for free too. We were on the guest list so FREENESS. We got into Brum at 5.30, the show started at 6.30. Got to see Shakka who opened up for her and he was so good. Brandy did all my tunes and I was loving it. When she sang 'The boy is mine' I almost died! Got to Tara's about 1am and was up at 6am and at church for 9.30am. Like a boss.

Then I had the Beyonce Formation concert in Wembley Stadium. I have never been Wembley before but it is very dirty! I thought the standard would be much better and I was so confused as to how the lights would be coming on, until I realised that it was an open stadium. Beyonce was AMAZING!! This is my third time seeing her and I think this was her best concert ever. Her Mrs Carter tour,  thought she didn't have much energy, but this one-WOW!! And I love this new album as well. Her opening act was a shame. I thought it was DJ Khalid because he had done her US leg, but it was some random DJ, that would be playing tunes, then randomly play 'Wonderwall' then it was showing clips of the British Summer Time Festival in Hyde Park, but it was so odd because they obvs weren't in the stadium. I tried to eat beforehand but I got too hungry and then had to lie to the food people that I had a kid, so I could get the kids menu. They didn't believe me but who cares, it was the best chips and fish fingers I've had in ages.

Isn't the Kim K, Taylor Swift, Chloe Mortez and Khloe K argument hilarious? I just think, don't you guys have each others numbers? Rather than baiting each other out and disrespecting each other. I would say it's shocking...but it's not really.

Just did the Relentless conferee at church. It was aimed at young and young adults and it went really well. Me and my dancers performed and thank God, each set looked really good. I put a clip of the kids dance to 'No' onto my Instagram and tagged Meghan Trainor. Can you believe Meghan Trainor liked the video!! Then the views on the clip was going crazy! I think it go over 800 views, last time I looked. Isn't the power of influence crazy? Because one famous person liked my video, all of her fans watched it and then followed me.
I told my dance crew, if Beyonce likes our other video (we danced to her song 'Forward') then we can retire - unfortunately she didn't but I know she viewed it. Go have a watch @abiolabello

Can you believe we are out of the EU??!! No-one thought we would leave. It's just so messed up and there was a petition going around that London should leave the UK and re-join the EU. I signed that petition.

I mentioned on my last blog, that The Author School had something brewing. Well •drum roll• we are launching a publishing house. I know!! It's mental but so very cool. We have been doing so much research and it's almost ready to go. We do have the logo though but that will be revealed soon. I honestly can't believe how much The Author School has grown, I am just so proud of us. We have our online course launching in a few weeks, we are starting The Author School Hour from tomorrow 8-9pm and every Monday on Twitter, where people can tweet us questions and we have amazing speakers for our September 26th class, including top agent Madeleine Milburn and authors can pitch to her AND have one to ones! It's so sick! Limited tickets available via theauthorschool.com

I feel so blessed. I have so much summer work (usually I have none) and from September, I have lots of new contracts and I'm really excited. I'm going to be working like a beast though but everything is in place and it's going to be great.

People have been asking me what's happening with Emily?  I have to laugh because it's all on track. But it's all sorted it and my cover art for book 1 will be getting done in a few weeks. It took me ages to think of another cover art because my original cover is my dream. The idea is that book 1 and 2 will get released together.

I was in two minds about doing another Emily Knight Warriors this summer but I changed my mind and I love the story. This one is called ROBERTA and launches at midnight! It's based on the only female in the Five Warriors, Roberta Taniana and I'm glad I done it because it pushes me to think more about the character. Plus, the Giveaway is going to be fab! It won't be a signed book this time, but something equally cool. Remember, the story will be released in 4 parts and each part is up for 7 days  www.emilyknightwarriors.blogspot.co.uk 

Can't believe it's going to be my birthday on Saturday!!! That came round quick. I've upgraded to celebrating all month looool so dig deep in your pockets peeps.

Fergie brought a robin into the kitchen. A dead robin. I screamed and ran out

Another Emily Knight X Zetman92. Just gets better and better

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the words of Carrie Bradshaw and just like that I was a YA author

It feels like the right time but this will be my last entry. I know! I've been writing in this blog for TEN YEARS but this year it just felt off. I couldn't pinpoint why that was but the other day I realised I started this blog because I was a dancer who was trying to understand the publishing world. I also was so scared of anyone reading my work hence why I started a blog. Ten years later I have fulfilled my goals! Back in May I had finished my first YA book, a love story based around a Black owned bookshop in Stoke Newington. How I wrote this book when I was heartbroken I have no idea. I vaguely remember sitting on the couch with headphones on playing O Holy Night on repeat at 3am writing. I made my deadline and I wasn't sure if the book was good. My first round of submission for another book had very conflicting feedback and honestly I didn't have it in me to experience that again. I just wanted a deal. Fast forward to September 21st and my book was sent on submissio

I have a new book out!

That's right book 4 is out! This is my first anthology and it's absolutely gorgeous. I was asked to be part of The Very Merry Murder Club maybe a few weeks after my dad and I remember just thinking why is this opportunity coming now?! And it's with Farshore and imprint of HarperCollins. There's no way I can do it. I literally couldn't write. My agent Gemma spoke to me and the editors knew what had happened to me so it was really up to me. I prayed on it and God said to me you're not going to feel this way in October so I said yes. I won't lie I was worried that I really couldn't write this book but thank God for his strength and amazing agent and now it's here!  I've been ill all week but I saw loads of pic on social and my copy hasn't come yet so I dragged myself to Waterstones Islington to take pics of the book on the shelves. The booksellers were looking at me like are you going to buy this book. HA!  The amazing thing is I have even more

My meal was £22 and it was so small I ate it in 3 mouthfuls.

Happy World Afro Day! I had no idea this was even a day so yes for us! How gorgeous is this? I can't remember what country it's in but I saw it some weeks ago on Twitter. Getting into the swing of writing these blogs is harder than I thought. I'm not sure why I'm finding it tricky to stay on top of it and I know I'll regret it especially when I read back over it at the end of the year.  I turned another year older and despite it being a year that is turning out to be unpredictable I'm thankful that I'm here to see another birthday. It's always hard planning what to do, something that I know won't cost an arm and a leg. In the end I spent it eating lol. Helen and I went to this amazing Creole restaurant, literally a hidden gem that had the most amazing food and drinks that were even too strong for Helen!  I have no idea why it rained on my birthday! In the middle of summer!! Honestly sometimes I can't deal with this country. Then I got changed for